Newbie...To the forums, anyway.

Reaction score
hey all, First post on the forums.. But i've been an avid mac user for years so, I guess the title isn't entirely accurate.

Anyway, I have to say that if anyone buys a mac, they better get that extended warranty.. I bought my Macbook Pro in august 2007, and Everything was fine and dandy until about july last year. The Video went out, so they had to replace the logic board.. At the same visit, the keyboard had random keys that weren't working properly (Such as the 6, y, ?, and z) So they replaced the keyboard. Thirdly at that visit, they replaced my battery, because it would hold a charge for about 5 minutes before dying out. All together i think they quoted me at near $1400 for everything, if i hadn't had the warranty.

Then, last weekend I'm happily burning a few CD's, and suddenly i put a blank disc in, and it kept telling me there was no disk. I tried eject, nothing. I tried going into the terminal. Nothing. I tried rebooting, holding the track pad button (I can't call it a mouse since technically....) tried C.. Nothing. Off to apple I went, and sure enough, my superdrive had decided to kick the bucket. there was another $240 i would have needed.

In the last week and a half, the trackpad itself has been acting funny, and the trakpad button hasn't been clicking properly. And i discovered that if i was resting my palm about an inch to the right of the trackpad, the mouse would go nuts, jump around the screen & highlight text. Which when you're mid sentence, you don't want anything hilighting.. The really really neat trick is now, when i press down on the CASE about an inch to the right of the trackpad, i actually have better results clicking than using the actual trackpadbutton. Needless to say, Apple is once again getting a visit from me this weekend. Any clues what might be going on here?

Thought i'd share my wonderful story with y'all. I'm sure you'd appreciate yet ANOTHER happy mac user with a computer that keeps fighting back..

Sean T.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear about your MBP issues. That's unfortunate.
I've had mine for over a year and half and everything still works like day 1. Maybe you just got a "lemon"?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.