ibook gone.. I just lost a part of me..

Reaction score
DHL just stopped by my work and got my package with my broken ibook inside (the latch in top middle of screen broke) they pretty much had to pull the box out of my arms. I hope it doesnt get lost or anything like that... but once its fixed no more rubber bands to hold it shut. :doctor:

T

TonyJ

I feel your pain. Sent my iBook out yesterday for logic board repair/replacement.

OP
J
Reaction score
"Dear Customer

Your product has reached our repair center. We will notify you by email when the repair is complete."

I hope they ship it out today! :( miss my iBook

T

TonyJ

I was given an estimate of 5-7 days before I receive my iBook back. But my repair is on the REA program, so you might have priority over me.

OP
J
Reaction score
still waiting on my ibook to return geez suppose to take this long ????

C

Cloudane

Phew, at least you'll be getting it back :) The title of the thread reminded me of mine last year (my Powerbook was stolen, house insurance covered it but was a stressful few weeks squeezing the claim out of them)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
jsb515 said:
still waiting on my ibook to return geez suppose to take this long ????

My repair took 9 calendar days end-to-end. This was from the drop-off at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store to its return to the store after being repaired.

May 27 (when you received confirmation they received it) to June 1 (when you posted yesterday) is two business days. The repair depot people do not work on weekends, and Monday was a holiday.

I believe the standard policy is that Apple will have the unit back to you within seven working days.

E

Ey3 D

People get attached to iBooks. Like me. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have it for more than 5 days. I think I would go crazy. Totally berzerk. They are so small and powerful, perfectly white, just.....amazing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.