Yes! I got my PB back today!!!!

S

StealthMode

Ahhh yes, this is so much nicer then my desktop. I am sooooo glad to have it back now. It's been a good day :D ...Now about all that homework I am behind on.. Haven't been able to do alot of it because it was all on my PB, and I haven't had it for a fiew weeks basically. Anyway.. Tonight I get to try out my wireless Network. :D
Thanx guys for all your support and help. :)

Stealth -

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Yeah... gotta have yer machines. Wireless is sweet too. This your first wireless experience?

OP
S

StealthMode

Will be. I have my other 2 desktops wired up, but have not yet been able to try out the wireless. Will tonight :D I gotta setup the ecryption yet, I don't want my block to become a hotspot for everyone with wireless capabilities. :|

Stealth -

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What are you using for an access point? Cause if it is anything other than an Airport Base Station, the encryption won't work, and you will not get it to work. At least from what I have read. But with most AP's you can control the MAC address's that are allowed to use the base station. Which is what I have done.

OP
S

StealthMode

I have a D-Link DI-614+ router, and a DWA-900AP+ AP. The encryption seems to work fine. I got it all workin in a matter of minutes. I am supposed to be able to download at 22mb/s with this, but I am only managing to pull down 11 which is standard. I have the "Enhanced" model, and it said 22mb/s. I must not be doing something right. Oh well, it will just take me 3 hours to move 5.6gb of movies from across my network. DoH!

Stealth -

OP
F

Fomer

Emrys said:
What are you using for an access point? Cause if it is anything other than an Airport Base Station, the encryption won't work, and you will not get it to work. At least from what I have read. But with most AP's you can control the MAC address's that are allowed to use the base station. Which is what I have done.

I use Linksys Wireless Router works with mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Fomer said:
I use Linksys Wireless Router works with mine.

That is my setup as well, and I just recently encrypted our network. Works perfectly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe I am little behind here... Lemme go an start up the ol' steel belted 128 bit security key, and see if it works...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just tried it on my Linksys access points, and my iBook will not connect to the wireless network with the correct password. Maybe I need a firmware update, I will look into that.

OP
S

StealthMode

Hmm, mine worked just fine. I have D-Link though .. I tried 256bit encryption, but it didn't work, seems the powerbook only supports up to 128bit HEX , so I went back to that and it worked fine.

Stealth -

OP
U

unl33t

Emrys said:
Just tried it on my Linksys access points, and my iBook will not connect to the wireless network with the correct password. Maybe I need a firmware update, I will look into that.

when you go to connect, did you tell your mac that it was a 128 hex key, not a password? i fumbled for a bit with this one too at first.

OP
S

StealthMode

I told it 128 bit Hex w/password. The password is the hex key, ie. hex is 00000000000 password is 00000000000.

..I am alomost positive thats how it worked for me. Really tired right now, hence the reason i am not 100% sure :D
I will double check tomorrow when I get back from class and will post what works.

Stealth -

OP
U

unl33t

wep.png

this might help clear things up a bit...

(if i got the image to work that is)

OP
S

StealthMode

Ahh yes, if your router is set up as 128-bit hex, then use 128-bit hex on your laptop. and then type in the numbers that you have entered in your router for the 128-bit hex. ie. 0000000000, then add 0000000000 in the box.

Stealth -

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.