Desktop background pic pic question

Reaction score
Hi all, I set a picture as a desktop pic a long time ago, but now I can't seem to find it in my files (other than the giant image on my desktop). Is there anywhere to find the exact file that is being used for the desKtop image? Thanks!

Reaction score
Have you checked your Pictures library, or opened up iPhoto to see if happened to end up there? It is also possible it may have ended up in the Trash. If you've emptied the Trash, you may have to dig up the photo elsewhere, such as the internet or a camera (depending on where you got it). Also, have you opened up the Desktop Background settings from System Preferences and checked to see if it was in any of the folders below the standard Apple folders?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
In preferences you will have the file name next to the image on your Background.
Type that name into spotlight and should bring it up.

20100304-dxd3qx9qa3m5spspgsdgadibct.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
As tatooedmac suggested do a search for the file on your Mac and no doubt spotlight fill track it down for you.

i think your computer have entered some virus. this cause are not working properly you just try start the computer and click start the option and click in desktop and my document if they are not work proper then after you will have to do format your computer

Huh? :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
i think your computer have entered some virus. this cause are not working properly you just try start the computer and click start the option and click in desktop and my document if they are not work proper then after you will have to do format your computer

Ahh yes very interesting :Oops:, maybe someone else has a virus.....:Lips-Are-Sealed:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.