how do you take a video from imovie and open it on a pc?

Reaction score
someone please help, I am doing a school project and we made a video in imovie but I need to get it to the PC at school (the projector computer) but how do I get my video to the other computer. Could I some how use a flash drive?
Without downloading on the other computer because It is a school computer. I need to transfer the video and open it with something like windows media player. its due soon so PLEASE get back to me right away!:Oops:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It depends on how large the movie is. The problem with placing a large movie on a flash drive is that flash drives are formatted to FAT-32 at the factory. And FAT-32 has a single file size limit of around 4 Gb. If your movie is larger than 4 Gb you can not copy it to a flash drive. If it's smaller, it will copy OK and you can easily transfer it to the PC.

Regards.

C

chas_m

You have a variety of export options in iMovie, but personally I would just burn the movie to a DVD using iDVD. BE AWARE THAT THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME.

Any PC (or just plain old DVD player) should be able to read the DVD just fine.

OP
M
Reaction score
Ive had tried using iDVD before but it never worked for me, how long will it take ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.