• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

URGENT! Need help choosing a Mac!

NV2

Reaction score
I Decided to get a macbook for video editing instead an window pc. I was leading towards a Hp Envy but it doesn't have a backlit keyboard and a internal dvd drive. The Dell studio xps 16 and sony F series battery life is too short.

Is the Macbook (White Unibody) or Macbook Pro 13 or Low End Macbook Pro 15 good for heavy programs such as Adobe CS4 Softwares and Filmmaking/heavy High Definition video editing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
Well the macbook pro is called "pro" for a reason-it's specs are much better than the white unibody. So it will handle those apps much better than the 13" white. I recommend an iMac rather than a laptop for video/photo editing, especially HD. But if portability is necessary, then I guess the MB pro will do fine.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I Decided to get a macbook for video editing instead an window pc. I was leading towards a Hp Envy but it doesn't have a backlit keyboard and a internal dvd drive. The Dell studio xps 16 and sony F series battery life is too short.

Is the Macbook (White Unibody) or Macbook Pro 13 or Low End Macbook Pro 15 good for heavy programs such as Adobe CS4 Softwares and Filmmaking/heavy High Definition video editing?

Your thread title says, "URGENT! Need help choosing a Mac!"

I read your post...and I see nothing urgent!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

My White MB non unibody early 2009 with a upgrade to 4GB RAM does PS and LR with ease ......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.