Database needed - similar to Sage ACT?

Reaction score
Ive previously used Sage ACT database (im self employed) and it does everything that I needed
List client details
Note where jobs go to
Note when jobs completed
Invoice details
When Paid
When additional info recvd

And i need to be able to create and pull of simple reports of a combination of these.

As im only used to ACT i have no idea what is out there on the Mac and of course Sage ACT is not compatible with Macs so im stuck!

Can anyone recommend me a good database to use for my home business?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I don't use ACT, but I've known a lot of devoted fans of it. From what I understand of the program, you might want to take a look at this:

Now Software

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for that, ive had a look at the demo and it seems its a basic contact management programme, ACT did so much more, it was a bit like a the old Microsoft Access but with the ability to do a lot more, its not so much the contact side im after more the keeping tabs on whats been done on each client but that i can see the multiple clients info at the same time if that makes sense?

Reaction score
Take a look at Wired Contact
WiredContact : Features
Looks like ACT!, feels like ACT!, has ACT! in its pedigree, but much lighter - but full-featured.

It is normally sold as a self-hosted web-based solution - but if you don't want to run a Windows server then there are hosting partners that will host for you.
I saw a demo and loved it (I am an ACT! Consultant).

Other solutions: run ACT! on a virtual machine (eg Windows XP on VMware) or have a hosted ACT! for Web solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.