downloading software links

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4Gb Ram, 250gb hdd
Hi,
I have had a mac for about a year, but this is baffling me...
If i use Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox on sites such as cnet for example when i click the download link it brings up a webpage ending in .zip or .rar etc but doesn't start to download the file! This is ok as i can right click and save linked files as...
But try download google chrome and it's impossible as you can't right click and save linked file as...
(So i used opera to get it) but i hate opera, i like safari and chrome much more, any ideas on why this happens and/or a way to fix it!
Thanks for any help in advance...

(If anyone needs to know, im running snow leopard on a 2.4ghz 4gb ram white macbook)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 5.1 (2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 running Mac OS X 10.6.3)
I just tried a download link using Google Chrome (developer) and it worked just fine. Have you updated to the latest versions of all your browsers?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4Gb Ram, 250gb hdd
Yes all browsers are updated,
when clicking a link it just goes into the adress bar, for example the web address will end in .torrent or .zip

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you're attempting to download torrents, you need a torrent app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.