2006 Macbook HD Upgrade

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I apologize if this has been asked before. I have a 1.83 GHz 13" Macbook with its included 60GB HD. Over and over, I have found myself running out of space on my hard drive as I do a lot of video editing. A friend suggested that I upgrade my hard drive, however, I'm not really sure how to go about doing this. Will a hard drive from a supplier other than Apple work in this laptop? Are there ramifications or parameters for my specific model? Also, any hard drive suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums
Put in your model in My OWC at OWC and it will give you your options.
Basically you are after 2.5" 9.5mm SATA drive and this is my personal favourite.
Installation is easy.
If you go to iFixit http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/MacBook-Core-Duo-Hard-Drive-Replacement/282/1 or you tube there are some great teardown guides.
There are no ramifications with upgrading HD or Ram as Apple considers them end user upgradable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Yep, I swapped my HD in my MBP using a youtube video on my iPhone...it's an easy swap out!

Reaction score
I can also recommend the same Hitachi drive, mine has been great. Its quiet and fast, and a great price.

C

chas_m

I switched to a Samsung and have been VERY impressed with its speed and quiet, but that's not to say other brands won't be just as fine. It's a VERY VERY easy upgrade on a MacBook -- only a screwdriver required -- so go for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.