Updating to OS X 10.6.2 from 10.4.11 question

Reaction score
I'm currently running OS X 10.4.11 on a Mac Pro1, 1 that's almost three years old. I have 2 dual core intel xeon processors that run at 2.66 ghz. My roommate has just bought a new imac so I am in possession of his startup disk for OS X 10.6.2. The problem is I don't know tech stuff, and I was wondering if anyone here knows whether or not it's safe/possible for me to use his start up disk to put snow leopard onto my computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
First, it would not be legal to use his disks as the system is installed on a computer already. Second, the install disks that come with a system are machine specific, and will not work with a different type of machine.

OP
C
Reaction score
All right, that's what I thought, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I don't have the $130 to shell out for leopard, and I'm finding it more and more difficult to work while still using tiger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.