Java Not working on certain websites...

Reaction score
Hey folks, I think my Java installation is faulty or possibly corrupted, however when I went to the java.com site to redownload java, it told me that for macs you need to use the "software update" function, which tells me I'm all up to date.

I've been having problems (which haven't occured in the past) where the java applet doesn't even load. Most work, however this one does not (and this is the one that really matters in life!):

ADDS - METARs Java Tool

Can anyone else try out this site and figure out if its just me or the site itself? It was working up until some time ago.

-Brendan

Reaction score
It is you, it loads fine for me. Have you tried reinstalling Java?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
This is what i got. Is that what you are looking for??
The Java window loaded in about 7 secs here

20100303-ph4fq5enk6c41gmhkmnmssrqxj.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Go and have a look Here or HERE for a little info and more help.

Keep us posted. I did some reading as well that people had to reinstall there OS, so fingers crossed those links help for you ......

OP
B
Reaction score
Came up with an interesting solution that didn't involve reinstalling OS X or anything.

Apparently, the latest updates add java so that it would be compatible with 10.6, snow leopard. This automatically gets activated and can corrupt some files when still using 10.5 versions of OS X. In some cases, I couldn't start the java preferences application, as that was corrupted.

1. I tried reinstalling java

Java - Downloads

Didn't make the applet at adds.aviationweather.gov run, but it did somehow repair my preferences application.

In my preferences, I made sure that none of the 64-bit options were selected (except where my system forced them to be). I also activated logging/debugging, and cleaned all the cache/stored java files.

I now get a full presentation of the METARs on the java tool.

Hopefully this helps other people on other java things, and thanks for the responses above!

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

OP
B
Reaction score
of course I jumped on the bandwagon too soon, and of course I've got to fly today and wanted to use the java applet.. I was greeted with this screen:

Picture 4.png

OP
B
Reaction score
So I wanted to reinstall java 1.4.2 (which I think is the previous version) and it wouldn't let me:

Picture 5.png

OP
B
Reaction score
Just as a warning for everyone... DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT follow the instructions on how to reinstall java manually. Somehow I've deleted some folders that are part of the core operating files for OSX, and I don't know how to restore them. The computer now will not let me run any programs, and every single application "quits unexpectedly." Major disaster within 5 minutes!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.