HELP!! Macbook WiFi shuts down on its own

Reaction score
Wifi wont work... it works for 5-10min and it turns off on its own.

Im wondering what could be the problem with my Macbook... right now im connected to my TC 1TB through ethernet cause its the only way i can access the internet.

Other computers in my house work just fine... im thinking it could be the wireless-N card i put in it a couple of months ago... this computer came with a wireless-G and with a little help from google i replaced it with a wireless N.
Could that be the problem? It worked fine for some time, now in order for me to turn it on again i have to turn off the computer and restart leaving the power button pressed so it works again and only for a few minutes.

Any help other than replacing the wireless-N with the factory wireless-G would be appreciated.

Macbook Black 2.0Ghz Core Duo (early 2006)
2Gb DDR2
320GB HDD
Time Capsule 1Tb
(computer and TC have all the updates available)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro
can u check all the update in ur mac since it started happen,
try to delete them restart the mac then try

C

chas_m

Other computers in my house work just fine... im thinking it could be the wireless-N card i put in it a couple of months ago... this computer came with a wireless-G and with a little help from google i replaced it with a wireless N.
Could that be the problem? It worked fine for some time, now in order for me to turn it on again i have to turn off the computer and restart leaving the power button pressed so it works again and only for a few minutes.

Yes, this is very likely to be the problem.

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks guys!

i removed updates with no success... and couldnt find my old wifi card... so i kept on searching and found there are some issues with wifi cards heating up and airport turns off rendering it useless.

So anyways i found that shuting the macbook down and holding option+command+R+P and the power button until the startup chime sounds two times actually did the trick. Its been about 24 hours since y was able to fix it and its working perfectly now.

Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.