my iphone turns on, apple screen, goes white and turns off????

Reaction score
hey there,

i'm being given an iphone by a friend that they havent used in a long time for free and they went to check it last night and they said this happens upon turning on:

turns on fine
apple screen
screen goes white
switches off

i havent got the phone yet, should have it tomorrow but is this something that can be fixed by a return to factory settings somehow? what are the possible causes? is this the 'white screen of death'.

i cant complain as it's a free phone, but i'd love to try getting it to work. it'd be cheaper to repair than buy a new one im guessing?

thanks

Reaction score
your in need of a new mother board my friend i would chech the seriel number to see if your still inder warrenty. Apple would replace it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
No experience but i wonder if a reset might be tried. Its simply a matter of pushing the home button in conjunction with the on/off button on top right of phone at the same time for ten seconds after which you should see the apple logo on the screen and about a minute later it turns on unless Mac Jay is correct and if so you will still be doomed.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 8GB Airport Extreme w/2 250gb Seagates Fusion 3 w/Windows 7
that's how mine acted right before it quit altogether.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Sounds like a mother board issue, there's a possibility it could be the display assembly but I doubt it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.