Just bought airport express today. Need help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac g5 1.8ghz 1 gb ram iBook G4 1.2ghz 768 mb ram
hey guys,

so i bought an airport express in hopes of extending my wireless networks range. the network is a linksys connection, and the airport express doesn't really seem to be working. is there anything i need to do in able to get a stronger signal strength.? please help, this is drivin me nuts.

X

xthisisRomancex

go into the "Airpot Setup Assostant" and then follow the steps on how to "extend your network" i my airport express is at my fathers house so i can really tell you all the steps..
ohh yea if u are running windows xp it would be called " aiport express assisant"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I am pretty sure that you can only extend an airport base station, not any other router. yeah on Apple's website is says this, "AirPort Express can extend the range only of an AirPort Extreme or AirPort Express wireless network."

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac g5 1.8ghz 1 gb ram iBook G4 1.2ghz 768 mb ram
yea but they dont want to tell you that it will work with linksys, prob for fear of people riding on their neighbors connection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I have heard it works, but my guess is that it does not work as good.. and I doubt the reason they don't say that it works with other routers is because of riding other people's connections.. Im sure it's for the reason I mentioned.. it just doesn't work as good. Like a weak signal like you have right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
i dont know about a linksys router, but on my motorola router created network the APX is working perfectly. took a bit to set it up, but it has been nothing but flawless since i got it to work. i have some pretty detailed instructions on how to set it up, so just let me know if you want to see them tomas. it might help you with the setup. the key is that the linksys router MUST support WDS. without that, it will not work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.