Recording sounds from my Casio CTK-2000

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 15.4" Santa Rosa (C2D, 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD)
Hello all.. after a lengthy absence, I am thankfully back to being able to post to the forums (not any kind of TOS violation; just been busy as all get-out..)

Now then.. what "should" be a seemingly simple question type scenario...

I have a MBP (C2D 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD)... Casio CTK-2000 61-key keyboard... Blue Snowball USB mic...

Now then.. is it possible to record the separate sounds that come from my keyboard through the mic, to GB, and then use those sounds as individual software instruments, which I can *then* control from the CTK-2000, after storing each sound as a software instrument? (Sounds backwards, I know, but the goal is to capture each of the 'round 400-ish sounds from the keyboard as individual software instruments, which would allay the need to purchase Jam Packs (which still run in the $90 per box category at Fry's Electronics in Phoenix, or, of course, $99 each at the Apple Stores in town)...

Am I making sense, or am I officially certifiable? Help, please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Are you trying to save all 400 tones as WAV/AIFF files on your MBP? If so, the best way would not be to use a microphone from the speakers on your CTK-2000. You will get all kind of background noise and interference when trying to save the tones.
The best way is to get a mixer or audio interface to record the tones into your MBP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.