How To Download Embedded Flash Video From A Website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

Here's my problem: I'd very much like to download an embedded flash video from this page: The Official Natalie Merchant Website | Leave Your Sleep | Watch | The Man in the Wilderness. (One has to click 'start' for the flash to load.)

But web developers have become wily it seems. No longer do the old methods appear to work. I've tried: Apps for downloading youtube videos, using the Activity window in Safari (only a small SWF file of about 21kb appears in the activity window), numerous Firefox plugins… To no avail.

There are apparently apps for Windows that can manage to download these tricky types of videos, is there anything or any method on the Mac? I've been ripping my hair out trying. I've searched the forum, but none of the suggested methods work.

(Also, I don't want to use a video-capture app, I'd like to download the original file.)

Please help!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The reason it's locked down is because you aren't intended to download it. Period.

Our Community Guidelines prohibit the discussion of content theft and this discussion is now over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.