pleaes help with playing games on old mac

Reaction score
Hello,
My friend got a free mac computer from her boss.
It is one of the old macs, she thinks it is going to be running on Tiger.

This is a secondary computer that she wants to hook up to her TV for games because she is bored.
She is asking me for suggestions for games such as WoW or The Sims 2 or 3.
I don't know much about macs especially the old ones and don't know what games could be played on it.
I was wondering if it would be better if she just installed another OS on it like Windows to play games?

I don't know if or how you can install Windows on a mac computer. Could someone please help me out with helping her out.
How do you install Windows on the old macs? What are some good games that could work?

Please and Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Your asking a lot of questions here...and one VERY important thing you haven't told us is what model Mac are we talking about?

Saying that it is "one of the old Macs"...is absolutely no help! Macintosh computers have been around since 1984...so calling it "old" could mean almost anything!;)

Let us know exactly what model it is...and we may be able to answer some of your questions.

- Nick

Reaction score
yo

if you want windows on tiger, you can run programs called "parallels" or "bootcamp"
i think parallels runs a virtual environment and bootcamp allows you to boot a different OS from a partition of your HD;
here is a link discussing the pros and cons of each:
macriot - Mac OS X Tiger | Running Windows On Mac, Boot Camp Or Parallels?
what kind of games are you looking for?
mac offers enough that i dont use windows, but i dont game very much either

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.