Bluetooth Problem

Reaction score
So i have an early 2006 iMac and i believe the bluetooth card may be going bad. I have a magic mouse and an apple bluetooth keyboard that i use with it and I've noticed sometimes with the mouse that when I'm moving it doesn't respond like it should. It acts like a mouse does when its not getting a good signal on a desk. Its kinda jittery and doesn't move smoothly.

And when i use my keyboard I've noticed the range isn't as far as it used to be. and sometimes its really slow. For example i'll type something and it will take a little while for it to come up on the screen or it will repeat a letter.

I know its not my keyboard or mouse cause i have connected them to my newer macbook and they both work perfectly fine.

Any ideas other than replacing the card would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Jeremy
[email protected]

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Other than replacing the card? No. If the card is defective, it has to be replaced and the best way to trouble shoot it is to replace it.

You've already determined that your mouse and keyboard are OK. That leaves the card. You can either live with it or replace the card. Also, a wired mouse and keyboard are not expensive - you may wish to go that route.

Here's a web site that sells a replacement blue tooth card for your iMac.

Regards.

OP
H
Reaction score
Right after i posted i thought of another possible solution. I have a usb bluetooth receiver at home and I was wondering if anyone knew if it would work and if it would use that before the internal bluetooth or if i would have to disconnect the internal bluetooth.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.