Bluefish 2.0 is up and running... but... browser.

Reaction score
Hi.

I am running 10.6.2, Bluefish 2.0. All is well. Seems like a good editor but Bluefish can't find the path to Firefox. I've gone to edit>preferences>external... and know where to set it ... just can't figure out the path. Can anyone help?

Bill

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you copied Firefox to your Applications directory, look in /Applications. If you need to link to the actual Firefox binary, check /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/. The binary is called firefox-bin.

OP
S
Reaction score
Getting Closer -- thank you.

Thank you.... now the path within Bluefish looks like this:
firefox -remote 'openURL(%p)' || /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin '%p' &

now the problem is ... that once it is open and I ask to preview it gives me an error that says... only one FireFox may be open at a time.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The problem is that you can't have multiple instances of Firefox open, which is different than having multiple windows open. The command you're trying to execute is trying to open up a new instance of Firefox which won't work (as you have found out). Try the following: replace "/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin '%p' &" with "open -a /Applications/Firefox.app '%p'" (without quotation marks of course). If the %p is the page you're working on, you should be golden.

OP
S
Reaction score
Bluefish 2.0 previewing in Firefox with Mac OS 10.6

Thank you, YAY! The preview works! I am posting the entire string in case anyone else needs the help. Not sure what we did but here it is -- firefox -remote 'openURL(%p)' || open -a/Applications/Firefox.app '%p' &.

Really appreciate your time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.