cannot view videos on youtube even though JS is running, so is flash?!

Reaction score
PROBLEM RESOLVED:

i totally uninstalled flash player, then reinstalled the latest version, then restarted my macbook and turned off Java, Javascript, plug-ins, and flash player.. i then switched it all back on.. and it worked!!

sorry if i have misplaced this thread but i really need help else my dad will kill me.

So yeah i tried to download flash 8 (the software for animation) and i downloaded what i thought was flash 8.. it was actually just adobe flash player and i installed it like 4 times thinking it wasn't working properly, and now i can't watch videos on youtube or anywhere. it just says: 'Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.' :(

I have checked JavaScript and it's all ticked and i obviously have flash player working because i have it installed like 4 or 5 times. :(

Please can someone help me out, this is a brand new macbook pro and i have ALREADY screwed it up now thanks to stupid flash.

Thanks in advance for anyone who manages to help, it's much appreciated.

OP
J
Reaction score
Can somebody PELASE help me?!

PLEASE i NEED youtube and i fear i have broken it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
well since you downloaded flash 8 you dont have the lastest version so just do what its telling you and download the latest version. And then you will be all set.

FLASH PLAYER - Get The Most From The Web

and you may well want to give us more then 15 mins in the future to respond to your posts . This is a forum not the help desk;P
oh and welcome aboard !

hope this helps
Clay

OP
J
Reaction score
i know i;m sorry i just need the problem solving quickly is all :/

Oh my god i hope i haven;t done summet really bad :(

And btw clay it's telling me to pay for flash 10 on that link?

EDIT: I already have flash player 10 apparently becuz i have installed it like 7 times over :L

any other ideas? :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
OP
J
Reaction score
i hate to moan, but i have already done that about 15 times, over and over again.

i just don't know what i've done, i have no idea what to do :(

OP
J
Reaction score
OMG I DID IT!! :D :D :D

For future reference guys:

i totally uninstalled flash player, then reinstalled the latest version, then restarted my macbook and turned off Java, Javascript, plug-ins, and flash player.. i then switched it all back on.. and it worked!!

i can't believe some simple things worked :p

btw thanks for tryin clay :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.