Mac Messenger HELP!!!

Reaction score
this is so frustrating. something so trivial is driving me mad!!

basically, i cant add any emoticons / smileys on mac messenger. i right click and add emoticon but when i type it, it comes up as a blank box...WHATS GOING ON!? My imac which has the same version recognizes them!

im using a macbook pro 13"

Please guys, i know you're good, HELP ME!!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Although I can't help with Mac Messenger (I find it to be clunky), have you tried using Adium instead? Adium is designed for OS X from the ground up, is well made and works with all of the major IM services. Highly recommended.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks,

i have given up with messenger. im going to try yahoo...(any opinions on that?)
but ill try your suggestion

thanks again! :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The service itself is great, no complaints - it's just the client software that sucks (for the Mac, the Windows version is fine). I can't comment on Yahoo as I'm a happy MSN Messenger user normally, but only when using it with Adium on the Mac.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The latest Beta of Yahoo for OSX works fine here and does full Audio and Video chat. I normally (Like CWA) just Adium for everything, but if I have to video chat with my nieces (for example), I use the Yahoo Client and have never had any issues.

But for AIM chats I prefer iChat. Video and Audio works great as well as sending an video or picture to friends that I fixed for them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.