running parallels & crossover

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought Crossover for my MacBook Air (OS X 10.6.2) hoping I could run Quickbooks. It won't run the free trial version of QB, however.

So I downloaded the trial of Parallels, hoping that will work. It looks like I'll need to buy Windows 7 in order to have a windows platform on which to run Quickbooks -- first question, is that right?

Second question, if I install Windows 7, isn't that making my computer susceptible to Windows viruses?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks -- that info is helpful. That said, I'm based in the UK and there's not a Windows for Mac UK version. So I'm stuck with windows.

I have a vague understanding about partitions but wouldn't know how to set one up myself. Is that something that Parallels sets up automatically?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I use Parallels to run my Accounting and it installs and runs just fine. W7 and Parallels V5 is needed unless you have a full version of XP SP3 then V3 will work just fine as well. A minimum of 3GB is needed to make it run smoothly IMO.

Viruses will come if you surf through Windows, noting as mentioned they are all kept within a virtual HD that Parallels creates (versus the partition method). I do not surf with Windows and the only connection is done with the Vendors who are loaded as programs (Adobe, Microsoft, Norton etc).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.