iphoto help

Reaction score
Hi,
i have thousands of photos in my iPhoto. All of them show as thumbnails although some of them when clicked will not appear as a large photo. Instead,a grey screen appears with an exclamation mark inside.

But in the same albums the portrait pictures work fine. Its just the landscape pictures that seem to be affected.

Can anyone help with this problem please?

Thanks

Sam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Did you by chance rotate them in the library in finder? One must stay out of that library if they want to use iPhoto. Changing anything in there will cause the app to not work correctly, and will give you the exact behavior you are experiencing.

You might try rebuilding the library. Hold down the option key while starting iPhoto and follow the directions. If that does not work, report back and we'll see what we can do to help you.

OP
S
Reaction score
Did you by chance rotate them in the library in finder? One must stay out of that library if they want to use iPhoto. Changing anything in there will cause the app to not work correctly, and will give you the exact behavior you are experiencing.

You might try rebuilding the library. Hold down the option key while starting iPhoto and follow the directions. If that does not work, report back and we'll see what we can do to help you.

Hi Skybolt
I tried that and didnt seem to know what i was doing. Its asked me to create a new library or select an existing one. It didnt give me an option to rebuild.
It just kept on going to my iPhoto.
Anything else i should be doing?
Cheers

C

chas_m

Skybolt should have said "hold down the *command and* option keys to get the rebuild options."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Skybolt should have said "hold down the *command and* option keys to get the rebuild options."

Thanks for correcting me! Got my fingers working too fast on that darn "enter" key! :Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.