Single processor or Dual

N

nadeem

A friend of mine is advising me that a single processor mac is just as good for photoshop, in=design work as a dual...he says that it will never use both for imaging work...I thought that it would make a substantial difference...anyone advise please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Sometimes it depends on the plugins used. Any dual will render effects faster than a single processor - photoshop is optimized for it. I'm not sure there is anything necessarily cpu-intensive in InDesign but Photoshop nearly doubles with dual. I have a dual G4 and compared to the single it was flying. Check out barefeats.com for single/dual benchmarks. You'll get some good comparisons. ;) Good luck

OP
N

nadeem

Thank you...I'm using the raw plug in, opening batches of files at around 12-15mb each and converting in Photoshop...

OP
B

Brigrat

Dont forget, the FSB on the single is much lower than on the Dual, so that will play a roll as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
most definitely ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.