Software for making photo presentation DVDs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" Glossy 2.16 gHz/2gig/320g
Its been a while since I have been on the forum, but I recently was approached by a gym to make their year end DVD, photos from the season set to music... I'm sure you know what kind I am talking about...???... I made this same type of DVD for the owner of the gym last year for her daughter's Christening and she loved it. I used idvd and just a basic template. I would like to step up my game a bit with this one. Can anyone suggest a good program to use that I can make this DVD? I do not use iphoto so I would like to look at something other than idvd again. If it matters, the photo software I use is LR2 and CS4 Extended. One of the complaints the gym had about last years DVD (I did NOT make that one...) was the very poor quality overall, pics and layout. I don't mind spending a bit to get something good since this is a paying gig.

Thanks,
Lance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Have a look at this:

Boinx Software - FotoMagico - Overview

I got it with Toast Pro, and it's a very very nice piece of software. I haven't used it much yet, but it is very easy to use.
As there's a free trial, it has to be worth a look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
If you want something fairly simple have you thought of using iMovie? I used it for the very first time last week to make a record of a student (ages 11-18) art exhibition (York ISSP Art Masterclasses Spring 2010) and made what I thought was a not bad first attempt. Obviously with practise you could produce better but this only took a couple of hours from scratch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.