Best application for grabbing music off youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering what is the best software for grabbing audio from youtube?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Agreed, Audio Hijack is very good, but personally I find it irritating having to allow the application to quit and relaunch, in order to be 'hijacked'.

The application I'd recommend more than any other I've used is Wiretap WireTap Studio | Ambrosia Software, Inc.. There used to be two versions, Pro and Studio, now it's just the latter. You get a free trial.

A small interface window, park it anywhere on the screen, start the YT video, click a button and it happens! Records in .aiff format, good quality. You can convert it later to .mp3 if you wish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
If you're using Firefox, there are countless plug-ins that will allow you to do this. This is the one I use. It downloads the whole movie file though, so you've got to then go into iMovie or something of that nature and extract the audio yourself. It does have a .mp3 download option, but I honestly haven't tried it.

C

chas_m

Agreed, Audio Hijack is very good, but personally I find it irritating having to allow the application to quit and relaunch, in order to be 'hijacked'.

That hasn't been necessary for years now.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please note.... even though this thread is a bit dated, it would be illegal to rip copyrighted music from YouTube or anywhere else on the net. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.