getting bchunk from macports, install problems

Reaction score
i have installed macports on 10.5.x(updated);
i typed "sudo port install bchunk" (it converts .bin to .iso)
and got the following return
---> Computing dependencies for bchunk
---> Building bchunk
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: can't read "build.cmd": Failed to locate 'make' in path: '/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin' or at its MacPorts configuration time location, did you move it?
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
Before reporting a bug, first run the command again with the -d flag to get complete output.
---------
i changed the name of the computer and the home directory and, at first, experienced problems maybe like this, but repairing permissions fixed most stuff that i noticed;
it seems to be saying the server cant find a file it uses to install the program, what to do?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you installed the Xcode developer tools? I only ask because it looks like MacPorts can't find make, which is part of the Xcode developer tools. If not, you can download them here or use the copy on your OS X disc.

OP
B
Reaction score
worked...

thanks for the tip;
installed xcode for 10.5.x;
if anyone tries this make sure to differentiate what version you need;
i downloaded the "most up to date" xcode and it only was compatible with snow leopard;
also you need an apple id to download from their development site;
if you get an error message when you click the link to download, wait a while if you had just signed up for an apple id;
this happened to me and a few minutes later i got an email confirming my apple id signup;
i was then able to download no problem;
thanks for the quick response

OP
B
Reaction score
grrr

a continuation...
used the tool bchunk for its intended purpose of combining a bin/cue to an iso;
it returned this
bchunk /volumes/fastshadow/ghost/ghost1.bin /volumes/fastshadow/ghost/ghost2.cue ghost3

Reading the CUE file:

Track 1: MODE2/2352 01 00:00:00
Track 2: MODE2/2352 00 00:04:00 01 00:06:00

Writing tracks:

1: ghost301.iso 0/0 MB [********************] 100 %
2: ghost302.iso 697/697 MB [********************] 100 %

--------------slightly paraphrased
i wasnt sure where it wrote the file to;
so i did a spotlight search and clicked the file, which brought up a dialog box with the file name and the message that it didnt have any mountable file systems;
just a problem with the bin/cue in the first place?
??
edit-
okay, notice it made ghost301 and ghost302, i had clicked ghost302 which was unmountable, clicking the other mounted an image on my desktop;
i thought it made a ".iso" but this was just a mounted image which allowed me to look at the files inside but the only thing that looks like an audio/video file is a .dat whose icon looks like an exe file;
should i be doing something with this .dat file?
looking for other file in mounted image?
edit again-
yes, apparently the .dat can be dragged into the "burn dvd" section of toat titanium ;
i think i am misunderstanding the difference between .iso and a mounted image that appears as a cd/dvd icon on desktop or the other icon that looks like a white slab or something inexplicable;
much appreciation if someone would care to clear this up...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.