• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Go canada!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (late 09) 2.26, 2 gb, 160, 1 tb hitachi 7200 ext hdd. Macbook 2.26, 4 gb, 360 hdd 3G Iphone
Just had to come on here to brag about our Olympic gold in mens hockey!!!!! GO CROSBY!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Great ! That means Van will be unbearable on IRC tonight ! But hay Congrats on the win and medal !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Congratulations to Team Canada, and the whole hockey crazed nation. I forced myself to watch the end of regulation and the overtime period. Once every four years isn't so bad. ;)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Great ! That means Van will be unbearable on IRC tonight ! But hay Congrats on the win and medal !
Hehe, this will be a fun IRC chat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Haha.. I didn't watch it.. I watched the semi-final game.. I'm not much into sports or anything, but good for them.

To be honest, I'm just sick of all my friends constantly "OMGOMGOMG!!!" about the Olympics and forwarding me crap about it in my email/facebook/SMS.

C

chas_m

They are STILL going ape outside our building (in Victoria) two full hours after the game. This is going to go on all night, I can see that already ... :)

Sorry USA, you played a great game (seriously!) but we needed this more than you did. It is not every day that Canada:

a. Beats the record for gold medals won by a host country
b. Beats the record for most golds in a Winter Olympics
c. Gets more gold than the USA
d. Beats Norway overall in the Winter Olympics
e. Gets the gold in BOTH of our "national" sports -- curling and hockey!

So it's a really big day here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Man, the women's curling game made me angry! They would've had the gold if she didn't bung that last shot up!

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (late 09) 2.26, 2 gb, 160, 1 tb hitachi 7200 ext hdd. Macbook 2.26, 4 gb, 360 hdd 3G Iphone
They are STILL going ape outside our building (in Victoria) two full hours after the game. This is going to go on all night, I can see that already ... :)

Sorry USA, you played a great game (seriously!) but we needed this more than you did. It is not every day that Canada:

a. Beats the record for gold medals won by a host country
b. Beats the record for most golds in a Winter Olympics
c. Gets more gold than the USA
d. Beats Norway overall in the Winter Olympics
e. Gets the gold in BOTH of our "national" sports -- curling and hockey!

You know are OFFICIAL national sport is lacrosse right lol

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This wasnt meant to be an Olympic thread. This is just a Canada wooped the USA's *** in hockey thread lol

Last time I checked that was part of the Olympics...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MBP 2.26, 2008 MB Aluminum 2.4
Just had to come on here to brag about our Olympic gold in mens hockey!!!!! GO CROSBY!!!!!

I agree. Sid the Kid deserved that goal!! He worked his *** off the whole series setting up everyone else and it was awesome to see him get the game winner.

The local supplier for all my VW parts at our shop is a father son owned business and their lives revolve around the Caps. Knowing that..... they hate Sid and anything Canada. Sooooo immediately after the game I cued up the Canadian national anthem and played on their answering machine. Wow was that a fun phone call this morning when I needed a set of brake pads...LOL

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree. Sid the Kid deserved that goal!! He worked his *** off the whole series setting up everyone else and it was awesome to see him get the game winner.

The local supplier for all my VW parts at our shop is a father son owned business and their lives revolve around the Caps. Knowing that..... they hate Sid and anything Canada. Sooooo immediately after the game I cued up the Canadian national anthem and played on their answering machine. Wow was that a fun phone call this morning when I needed a set of brake pads...LOL

LMAO that awesome! And yes Crosby so deserved it, the only player I feel worked harder than him was Luongo (yes being in van and being a canucks fan might bias my opinion lol)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MBP 2.26, 2008 MB Aluminum 2.4
Yea he was on fire....I wish we could get Fleury to play that consistent

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just wish we would have put in Lu in the first can/us game.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Yes it is. Even is you take the bias in certian aspects aside I still think Canada would have the most medals. So congrats to Canada. Mind you Australia has it's record too. Most winter olymoics medals ever and in one winter olympics of a Southern hempishpere country.

So Canada gets 99 cheers out of 100. And we get the last one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.