Upgrading Graphics card

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Is there much to installing a new graphics card (so i can play the best games) for my mac book pro?

I mean ive not before but can i DIY it or am i better off going to an apple store to get it done?

C

chas_m

As far as I know, the graphics system in the MBP cannot be upgraded at all.

If you have a 15 or 17 MBP, you already have one of the best cards for laptops, so I'm not sure where you'd go from there anyway.

My suggestion is to buy a PS3 or a Wii and use your computer for something productive and profitable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
otherwise, if you find something better, how good are your soldering skills?
...and no, Apple won't do it for you!
If you wan't to play the best games on your MBP...... it will be upto you installing windows via bootcamp, or VMware.... and the amount of Ram you have.
Macs aren't gaming computers, but many install window's via bootcamp, or run VMware just for their gaming needs, and have no complaints.
A step further would be waiting for the next gen of MBPs, and the processors and graphics chips/cards that come with.

Reaction score
Almost everything in all laptops is integrated into the main board and cannot be upgraded. About the only thing you can upgrade on a laptop is the RAM and the hard drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.