am i hosed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,
what was the seller's name on ebay? This is how I purchased my computer as well, and I've had no issues. I received the upgraded drive and extra memory.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
am i aloud to say his name on here?btw they told me how much he paid for my machine i guess they have to have a record of it..

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
btw i went to segates website put in my sn and it shows a 3 year warranty on the drive in question so i guess i am covered either way..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,
am i aloud to say his name on here?btw they told me how much he paid for my machine i guess they have to have a record of it..
I wouldn't see why not, since eBay is a public place? Not sure though.
Don't worry, you didn't get scammed. He should have been clearer as to what you were receiving but you got the good end of the stick.
I'm actually having a hardware issue on my machine with the video card, and I've already taken it in to the Genius Bar. I'll have to send it in, but they've looked at it a bit already and didn't bat an eye at the upgrades.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Applecare is tied to the particular machine, not the owner?

C

chas_m

Yes, its tied to the machine -- BUT humans still need to be involved the process, so it is REGISTERED to the original owner.

AppleCare is transferable, but the original buyer has to do that.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
and the original owner has the ability to get a refund for the applecare with out the knowings of the owner of the mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
Yea, but as stated already... it doesn't void AppleCare. It's a free upgrade. Does the machine work? Does it feel really fun to use? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then quit your crying. I realize your concern, but we have laid that to rest since the warranty is still in tact.

If you're worried that this guy may have been lying to you, why don't you call Apple and see if there is still Apple Care for your serial number?

Ditto.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
ditto what? there are many posts after this one that explain in more depth my concern. you feel comfortable with some dude being able to remove applecare at anytime? and me being a new apple customer makes me a crier? wow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
ditto what? there are many posts after this one that explain in more depth my concern. you feel comfortable with some dude being able to remove applecare at anytime? and me being a new apple customer makes me a crier? wow

Based on your response, you did not read the posts reassuring you of the warranty. Regardless, good luck and have fun with your new Mac.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
i read it. but alls it said was that the mac was still under warranty. how would i know from that post that the hdd a aftermarket hdd would still be covered under warranty. seems if you dont like my questions you would just not post and you wouldnt answer any questions just to say stuff like read,ditto, and whining and such. seriously. i am having fun with my mac thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.