advice for a graphics program

Reaction score
Hi,
I own a Macbook with 10.5.8 and a 2.2 GHz Intel processor.
I am looking for advice on a graphics program.
I have a logo that a designer did for me-I think with Illustrator?
I want to somehow take the logo and use some of the parts of it in other designs. Is there a program that I can import the logo into and then rearrange it to build different versions or designs from the logo to use in newsletters and flyers etc. I really don't want to pay $500 or $600 dollars for a program. If anyone can think of a program
that is more modest in price.
Thanks
macbabs

C

chas_m

GraphicConverter will not help the OP if the logo is, as he implied done as a vector graphic in Illustrator.

He'll need Illustrator, or a vector program that can open Illustrator-native files. If the logo is in EPS format, you might have more options in terms of programs that can open and manipulate it, but this is why designers are expensive -- because their craft requires professional-level tools (not to mention design talent and training of course).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Inkscape should be able to help there

Inkscape. Draw Freely.

If you find that your logo cannot import, I am sure someone on here can do the conversion to SVG format, that Inkscape uses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.