Mac Mini

Reaction score
Wondering if getting a Mac Mini and using it mainly as my media centre is a little over-kill ! Have tried several other ways ie Apple TV and now a WDTV, but in the back of my mind still thinking Mac Mini might be the better way to go :Confused:
I like the way my 13" Mab book does things but i don't want to connect it up to the tv every time I want to use it, and also PLEX looks a reasonable prog to use.
Would like to hear some other views about using as a media centre....might help convince the wife as well.....:Evil::Mischievous:

Thanks

Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" Late 2013 - 3.5GHz Core i7 - 32GB RAM - GTX 780< 4GB GPU
The Mac Mini makes a terrific media machine. I posted a response to a similar question on this thread.

Here's some quick info:

Howto: Building a Mac Mini Home Media Center - karlo.org

BTW I used to use Plex but switched to Boxee a little while back and am much happier with it.

The Mini gives you so many options when it comes to entertainment not to mention couch web browsing and much more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 13" MBP, G5 PPC, G4 PPC G4 eMac
OP
S
Reaction score
Cheers

..Thanks, and now sold on the idea - now just to convince the wife that this investment will kick start the world wide financial recovery ;D
And just need to find a nice new one at a good price.

Thanks

Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
I too am sold on the idea. I was going to get a PS3 to act as my home media setup, but now will go with a Mac Mini.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.