What is the best software for this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Hey. I'm attempting to create a DVD of slideshows made from pictures of a performance that my school did (it's being sold by our PTA organization). If possible, we want it to have the RAW image files projected into a slideshow (as opposed to making a video file of the photos and putting it on the disk). Please let me know if there is any [reasonably priced] software that will do this.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I think you can do all that right out of iPhoto and iDVD. Just open iPhoto, go to Help, and search for slideshow. That will get you started.

OP
iPod Nano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have been doing it that way--creating the slideshows, exporting them, and putting them in iDVD. Again, I want to create slideshows and put them on DVDs without turning them into videos. I want the RAW photos to be accessible on the DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Do you need them to play as a slideshow?
Toast has plug in's that allow you to create pro slideshows from RAW/Jpeg etc, and you can have the images accessible too.
However if you don't need them to play as a pre-created slideshow, then you can just burn them as data and scroll through using a remote.
There's another slideshow program linked to toast too, called Lightzone, but I haven't used it enough to know whether it can store the photo as data as well as slideshow.

C

chas_m

I have been doing it that way--creating the slideshows, exporting them, and putting them in iDVD. Again, I want to create slideshows and put them on DVDs without turning them into videos. I want the RAW photos to be accessible on the DVD.

You have two different goals then.

It sounds to me like what you want to do is make DVD-slideshows (ie slideshows that are controlled by the DVD player itself), AND you want a DVD-ROM partition on the disc where you can store data (such as the original RAW files, which will NOT be used for the DVD-slideshow).

How to make a DVD-Slideshow in iDVD

How to add DVD-ROM content to your iDVD project

OP
iPod Nano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
^Looks like that might work. I'll give it a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.