new mac user help...

Reaction score
Hi there,
taken by the design of the new imac, i just made the switch and got my first imac. an i7 27 inch beauty.

being a hardcore windows user, i am having a hard time getting acustom to the new OS.

My main problem is that I have tons of videos shot with my canon HG10. the files are .mt2s. I need to get them in imovie to edit them. but imovie will not accept these files.

I downloaded vlc and can watch the files, but i cant seem to import them to imovie.

help is greatly appreciated...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
hmm... try googling a mac video converter!!

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks for replying,
I tried some converter, iskysoft media converter and handbreak. the problem is, the video quality gets degraded when converting. i tried the highest quality settings on both, but there is a noticable degrading of the quality.

is there an application that can import m2ts files to imovie without converting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.