iPhoto Places Tagging

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
In the help video for tagging Events or Photos with Places, it says that a suggestion list should appear as you start typing. I don't get that!

Anyone know how to get that working? I've just installed iLife 09.

Gggrrr

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
What kind of places are you looking for? The suggestion list seems to come up more promptly if you looking for a more prominent city or place. For example, when I was looking for Parque Nacional El Avila in Venezuela, I had to type the entire name before iPhoto could help me (and even then it didn't get it quite right). On the other hand, if you start typing "Paris" or something it will anticipate you.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
I think I've got it working now but it seems to work differently from the Tutorial Video. The City prediction doesn't appear for me on the initial screen (as it does in the video), only when I select New Place.

That's good enough I guess.

Thanks for the advice, i guess these things are a bit fiddly at first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.