Looking for online password/information storage with iphone app

Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that will store all my PIN numbers, website logins, bank details etc online along with an app for my iphone.
If I could import from a CSV file that would be great.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'd hate to be storing all that type of info online, in the cloud, somewhere.

What you're looking for is 1Password for your Mac and they have a 1Password app for the iPhone so that you can sync and carry everything with you.

The iPhone app is double password protected. Once you open the app, you have to enter a pin number which only allows you to see a list of the items you have stored there. To access the actual passwords, etc.; you're required to enter a master password. It's a very secure way to carry all of that info around with you and not have the worry about what happens if your phone is lost or stolen.

OP
R
Reaction score
The reason I don't want a desktop based setup is you have to sync over wifi and my work PC where I have all stored currently does not have wifi and I'm not allowed add it.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You don't have to sync over wifi. In 2 1/2 yrs, I have never synced my iPhone over wifi.

However, if you are wanting to sync to a Windows machine, that does alter what you are wanting to do and 1Password is not going to work for you since it is an OS X app. That's the type of info you should also have added in your initial query. With Windows, I'd be looking at Roboform. They've basically been the defacto leader in the field for many years now and do offer what you're looking for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I'd be little nervous about storing that much personal info online. But I use Keeper on my iPhone and it's great. Free app. Stores all your info. Requires a pin number to access. Enter the wrong password 5 times and it wipes the data.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 4gb memory 250 HD
You could always check out LastPass. It is both an online service and has a iphone app. I use it because I have both Windows and Mac machines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.