New Mac Mini coming?

Reaction score
Hi everyone!, I am new to this forum and have to say I am enjoying it here. I was looking at the Mac Mini to replace my old PC as my new desktop but was wondering if Apple is going to refresh the Mac Mini lineup soon? I was wondering what the newer model will be like and when we could be expecting it. Thanks in advance! :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Nobody knows!

Reaction score
They just refreshed the line in October of 2009 (the most recent refresh), so I would say it's safe to buy now. Like pigoo said, though, no one knows for sure!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 13" MBP, G5 PPC, G4 PPC G4 eMac
I thought it was a little later than that. I bought my Mini just before christmas. I waited for the new ones to come out so I could get a discounted price on an older one :)

Go ahead and buy. It will be a while until there's another new version.

OP
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone for telling me. I was just thinking that because it's been almost 5 months since the refresh! Anyways, Thanks for the responses!

Reaction score
Take the HDMI rumor with a grain of salt. And since they just refreshed the Mac mini in October, I think you're okay for now. Just my opinion- I think the mini needs an overhaul redesign.

Reaction score
not sure about a new mac mini, but there's nothing wrong with the current

Reaction score
not sure about a new mac mini, but there's nothing wrong with the current

No, there is nothing wrong with the current design, in fact when the mini first came out it was a little ahead of its time...but now, competitors like Dell and Acer have similar computers- especially Dell. And they still aesthetically suck in design (though Dell's latest creation has trippy top designs), but they're close. I still say Apple needs to rethink the mini's hardware at least...the design is cleaner than any Windows/Linux competition out there though. Just my 2c.

Reaction score
I think it's hilarious that Steve Jobs has said that he doesn't really like the Mac Mini, since it's the most "Mac-ish" one still left.

Personally I've become quite unhappy with Apple in general. They care more about cell phones and mp3 players than computers. Sorry Steve-O, but it'll always be Apple Computer Inc. Steve defeated "big brother" by becoming him.

The Mac Mini is an awesome little machine, it's cute, it's affordable, and it was unique. I ran out and got one when they came out because I had always wanted a G4 cube, and this was pretty close. If anything I think they just need to liven them up, what happened to all of the colors and candystripes?? Seriously, the new Macs are all GRAY, how exciting!

Still I'd buy a Mac Mini over a Mac laptop any day. The Mini is a great value, and the iMacs are a pretty good value as well, the laptops are a joke though.

Let's see, I can get a 3.06ghz 4gb RAM 500gb iMac with a 21.5" screen for $1200...or I can get a much slower MBP with a 160gb hard drive and a 13" screen for that price. Seriously, what is PRO about a 13" laptop with a 160gb hard drive? 160gb?? Even the MacBook has a 250gb now...but of course they've removed the firewire turning it into a freakin' paperweight.

10 GOTO 20
20 END RANT

OP
Reaction score
Guys, well guess what I went out and bought a Mac mini, I ended up buying the 2.53ghz one and I have to say it's one of the speediest machines ever! And really quiet too! Really like how small it is, thanks to you guys my first Mac experience is a great one!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
Guys, well guess what I went out and bought a Mac mini, I ended up buying the 2.53ghz one and I have to say it's one of the speediest machines ever! And really quiet too! Really like how small it is, thanks to you guys my first Mac experience is a great one!

Congrats! I've been using the same Mac mini ever since Valentine's Day and I've been very happy with it. It is a pretty sweet little computer, isn't it?

I agree that it's a very speedy little machine. About the only thing I want to change is the stock 5400 rpm hard drive. I'd like to stick a 500GB 7200 rpm drive in it in the not-too-distant future. I noticed a big difference in my MacBook when I did, and I can imagine the mini seeing similar improvements as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.