Is it really this easy??

Reaction score
Just got my first Mac, MacBook Pro 13". I having a hard time grabbing on to how easy OSX is. Windows was never this easy. Mac just finds stuff. Networking on my home network is easy. Time machine to my WHS machine. Piece of cake. Thanks Apple. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Welcome to the club. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
Yes, it is that easy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook, Touch 2ndgen 16g iOS 4
Indeed. Finally brought myself to try iWork. Much better than the OpenOffice variants, I see another $80 going from my pocket to Apple's in the near future....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Staples thinks they have a corner on the easy button.

Well, we know better! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
In more than 15 years of using Window it could never find the right driver for anything I plug into it. I always have to make sure I have the CD or find it myself on the internet and install.

I recently plugged in my HP printer at work with no CD. Within 5 minutes my MBP installed the driver and I was ready to print. And all it ask me was for permission to access the internet.

With the wireles, it already listed all the available connection under the icon. I just click on mine then enter the key, set security setting for file sharing, and it done. Haven't had problem reconnecting since. I always thought, people who own a Mac tend to over hype cause they have to justify the high price. I was wrong it's worth every penny :D

OP
M
Reaction score
That's why its so easy. Windows was a crap shoot when adding hardware. My Mac found everything available on the network. Even setting up Time Machine with my WHS was a snap.

I just got iWork yesterday. They even gave me the $30 discount since I bought my Mac less then a week ago.

Why did I wait so long....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
Welcome to the cult...er...club.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Welcome aboard! None of it's a surprise to me, I've been using Macintosh since the late 80s as a little kid. My husband is a Windows guy and thinks I should give up for some reason. I told him I'd rather use my old SE/30 than a new Windows box :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power to you, Jamie. Your husband is a goon, and you can tell him I said so. :)

I'm with you. My dad was in grad school at Dartmouth in the late 80s and brought home an SE as a work machine. I was 4 years old, but old enough to know the right question to ask... "Games?" Anyway, been doing great things since, and loving my Apple hardware every step of the way (especially from the original bondi iMac on).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Power to you, Jamie. Your husband is a goon, and you can tell him I said so. :)

I'm with you. My dad was in grad school at Dartmouth in the late 80s and brought home an SE as a work machine. I was 4 years old, but old enough to know the right question to ask... "Games?" Anyway, been doing great things since, and loving my Apple hardware every step of the way (especially from the original bondi iMac on).

I think my "especially" moment was when OS 8.5 showed up. I installed it on my two Macs that I had at the time... a Power Mac 6500 and a Powerbook 3400. I was lucky. My dad was a civil engineer and he was ALWAYS willing to shell out for me to have nice computers... ya know, "for school." So I got 8.5 and put it on them and just fell in love. I skipped 8.0 and 8.1 and stayed with System 7 until late 1998. 8.5, and especially 8.6 were just beautiful. I got a G4 in 2000 and later bought 9.1 for it, went to 9.2.2 and I think that might be my favorite Mac experience of all time.

That G4 with Jaguar, iTunes 3, Appleworks, and Final Cut Pro 4 got me through a degree in digital media production. Now it sits beside my desk and cranks out tunes and DVD movies! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think my "especially" moment was when OS 8.5 showed up. I installed it on my two Macs that I had at the time... a Power Mac 6500 and a Powerbook 3400. I was lucky. My dad was a civil engineer and he was ALWAYS willing to shell out for me to have nice computers... ya know, "for school." So I got 8.5 and put it on them and just fell in love. I skipped 8.0 and 8.1 and stayed with System 7 until late 1998. 8.5, and especially 8.6 were just beautiful. I got a G4 in 2000 and later bought 9.1 for it, went to 9.2.2 and I think that might be my favorite Mac experience of all time.

That G4 with Jaguar, iTunes 3, Appleworks, and Final Cut Pro 4 got me through a degree in digital media production. Now it sits beside my desk and cranks out tunes and DVD movies! :D

Sweet deal. I was hooked before my iMac, but when that rolled around, I'm telling you what. That thing was the sweetest thing going, hockey puck mouse and all. That was the family machine, I had a personal PPC 7200/120, then that would no longer do what I needed a machine to do, and the iMac got fussy after we tried to put OS X on it. So we got an 800MHz eMac running 10.2, and I was preaching to everyone about OS X from then on. I got my PowerMac G5 dual 2GHz in June 2004 when I graduated from high school, with 10.3.7 on it. That summer, of course, Tiger came out and I upgraded within the first 4 months. I was on Tiger until April 16, 2008. When I installed Leopard, I got to play around for about 4 minutes before I popped open Safari, and my Logic board pooped itself.

So I was without my own machine for a while, but I had already gotten my fiancee to switch, so we had her eMac 1.25GHz, and I was on my dad's intel Mini for a while. Now I have my sweet aluminum MacBook.

Anyway, before we hijack the thread entirely...

...*ducks out*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.