efi boot*menu

Reaction score
so I'm running snow leopard on my october 2008 aluminium macbook. I have installed linux mint, but the boot menu doesn't recognise it. I had this problem a while back and I installed rEFIt, but I tried this now and it isn't being recognised.

Does anyone know how I can sort this out? Thanks in advance. I've been google diving and have come up with very little. The boot menu is the single biggest thing that bothers me about apple hardware. Its lack of support for other systems seems embarrassing.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just how did you setup rEFIt? I haven't found anything yet that it didn't recognize.... It "sees" an operating system that uses GRUB, LILO, the Windows Boot Loader, and Unix EFI.

I would suggest reading through the rEFIt documentation if you haven't already done so. Some folks are triple booting OS X, Ubuntu, and Windows using the rEFIt boot menu. I'm currently using it for Snow Leopard and Windows 7.

LINK for rEFIt documentation.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
yeah, I had a look- I used their pkg, which has worked in the past (although always broke after a spell) but now it just loads up mac straight away.

Most perplexing

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK. Remove rEFIt and start over. Something may have gotten corrupted or installed incorrectly.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.