Wifi routers, which do you prefer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
So, I bought a WRTG320 and it it works ok, I mean it does not have the same range as my old Linksys. However, with a MBP, I can take full advantage of the 5.0GHz range. My issue is it does not do full duplex (2.4 -5.90 GHz). It's one or the other.

I have decided on one of two routers, and actually based on my research, believe I settle on one. Now the reason for the full duplex is fairly obvious, as I have two iPhones connecting, a Toshiba Satellite connecting and my wife's HP connecting.

I was toen between the Apple Airport Extreme and the Netgear Rangemax Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router WNDR3700-100NAS.. Any thought or does anyone have any suggestions before I pull the trigger?

The reason I decided against the airport extrema is a compatibility issue with the Win PC's on the network. Also, I like to have far more control over the network than it allows.

Thoughts?

OP
mtbinva
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
OK, since I can get no opinions, anyone want to buy a used (4 months) WRTG320? :D

Reaction score
The Airport Extreme works really well. I've had mine for almost two years now and it's still going strong. As far as Windows networking compatibility, I'm not sure what you are referring to because I use Win PC's & laptops as well that connect and work just fine with the AE.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.