New Mac User!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac - 4GB DDR3 RAM,1TB HDD,3.06 Intel Duo Core Processor
Hey guys this is my first Mac and i'm very satified, i bought the 27' iMac with wireless keyboard and magic mouse and its awesome. I had a quick question though, when i put the unit to sleep i still hear my emails alerts coming thru the email program, is that normal or is my computer still on? Another thing i noticed is sometimes the screen comes back on completely by itself. Is there some sleep timer that goes and when the time runs out the unit wakes back up?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check the preference settings for Mac Mail. You may have Mail set to check for new mail every so often. If that preference is set, you'll hear the mail sound and the machine will come out of sleep whenever it goes to the server to check for new mail.

And welcome to the forum! Enjoy you new Mac. :D

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Is there some sleep timer that goes and when the time runs out the unit wakes back up?

Don't think so. Something has to tickle it.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac - 4GB DDR3 RAM,1TB HDD,3.06 Intel Duo Core Processor
I didn't know that program can wake the mac back up but i'll make sure i check the setting. I noticed sometimes it doesn't completely wake up and the screen is still dark. I thought it had some hardware failure for waking up from sleep mode, guess not. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.