iPhone calendar syncing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7, iBook G4, iPod 5th Gen 30Gb
Hi guys,

I'd like to get an iPhone when the next model is released but was wondering about syncing the calendar.

At home I use an iMac, at work I use a Win XP machine. I'd primarily sync my iMac with my iPhone but would also find it useful if I could plug the iPhone into my XP machine at work and sync my Work's Outlook calendar ono the iPhone as well.

Does anyone know if this is possible (without the use of MobileMe) so I can seamlessly combine my home and work calendars on my iPhone and home iMac and show just my Work calendar at work?

Reaction score
If your work uses Exchange Server 2007 behind the Outlook installation, you can sync to your work calendar (which you currently view using outlook) very easily. You don't have to tether it, i.e. plug it into the windows machine, but instead it will sync your work calendar, contacts. We use it in our work extensively.

Most have Macs at home that we use to manage our personal music, movies, photos, etc. in iTunes. We sync via the USB cable plugged into the Mac & iPhone to transfer/sync movies, etc. and to update the phone software as needed.

The rest of the time we get email, calendar & contacts synced over the air via the exchange accounts (and hence also visible in real time with Outlook) Again, if you have Exchange 2007 as the server at work it's a very painless process.

Here's a link with more info: Apple - iPhone in Business - Integration

Also, if you choose to get Mobile me, that will let you have similar over the air syncing of your non Exchange contacts, calendar and email.

If you have snow leopard, and again, if your work has exchange 2007, you can very easily get your email calendar and contacts right in the Mac Mail and iCal programs as well, so you'd always be connected to your work environment on the phone, at work, and at home on your mac....Wait, that sounds like too much of a work intrusions....but we do it.

Ciao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
My work doesn't allow me to sync my iPhone with their Exchange system at all. The best work around for me was to simply add my work contacts to my Macs Address book en-mass when I first started. Once they were all imported (or entered manually) it was a mater of simply e-mailing new Contact files either to myself at home or directly to my phone, importing them and letting the over the air syncing (via MobileMe) do it's thing. Getting it set up was a pain, but managing it is easy.

In the end I prefer this as I don't care to have all of my personal address book info on my work computer but don't mind having all of my work contacts on my home computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.