Advice on memory for macbook - late 2008 Aluminum Macbook 2.4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.4, 4g mem, 640 gig drive
A small computer repair shop is going out of business by my house and has a couple of memory modules for sale at a great price. I am really confused about some websites that say that the DDR3 memory for my macbook (2008 aluminum 2.4) is 200 pin? (these are listed as 204 pin) Thought all DDR3 was 204 pin? Also, because this is not specifically "Apple" endorsed, will it work? These normally sell for $65 - $75 dollars but they are are selling out for $35 a piece. Only problem is No Returns at All and even though they are cheap, I don't wanna be stuck with something that doesn't work!!!!

The modules are are:

W1066SB2GH - Super Talent DDR3 8500, 1066MHz

Specs on Super Talent Website:

Specifications
Mfr Part Number: W1066SB2GH
Type: DDR3 SODIMM
Capacity: 2 GB
Speed: PC8500 1066MHz
Size & Bit: 128 x 8
Pins: 204pin
ECC: No
Chipset: Hynix
CL 7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You are correct.... 204 pin.
As for cheap and nasties, yet alone with no refunds, I wouldn't go there.
Also, the original price is around $25-30 more than what I am finding for that by googling W1066SB2GH
So, in answer to your question.... Stay away :)

OP
grnvlmike
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.4, 4g mem, 640 gig drive
Thanks 6string... But super talent is a well known and trusted manufacturer. They make some good stuff... But I am not sure what makes a module "apple certified"??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I know they're considered heavyweights, but IMHO crucial or kingston is the way to go.
As far as Apple certified, there is no such thing as far as HD's or Ram upgrades.
They are both considered user upgradable and will not void the warranty.
All there is to consider is the specs of your Mac and what is going to be compatible.

At the end of the day, the main thing is where you get your HDs and Ram from, and if you are going to get looked after if it is faulty by the supplier, and what sort of warranty is offered.
In this case, it does no meet the criteria with "no returns".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I know they're considered heavyweights, but IMHO crucial or kingston is the way to go.
As far as Apple certified, there is no such thing as far as HD's or Ram upgrades.
They are both considered user upgradable and will not void the warranty.
All there is to consider is the specs of your Mac and what is going to be compatible.

At the end of the day, the main thing is where you get your HDs and Ram from, and if you are going to get looked after if it is faulty by the supplier, and what sort of warranty is offered.
In this case, it does no meet the criteria with "no returns".

+1 For Crucial and Kingston from me.

Both offer lifetime warranties and guaranteed compatibility

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL... when I got the message in my inbox that there was a reply to this thread, for some reason I thought that I was going to get a bashing for my opinion!
Thanks for the backup :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Nah, my crucial memory upgrade is holding up well, thusfar, and it's been a week. Granted, the OWC RAM I got that my dad still hasn't called in the warranty to replace, crapped out after 13 days... hope the Crucial just keeps on going without looking back!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.