• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why is Apple so slow?

OP
neonmac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
Wow an emachine. Probably one of the worse PC companies in the world or Universe. Not trying to start a PC war, just wondering if any emachine fanboys would ever attack us Apple people.:[

As to my main question that started this thread. I love Apple and I love the Mac range. I am very happy with their computers. I just have a part of me that likes to build pure performance machines with all the latest parts. Only sad thing is in the pc world, the parts change all the time. Only 5 minutes ago the GFORCE 8800GT cards were $300 and now they cost around $80 if you can find one. People are paying $500 for the GTX 295 GPU and 6 months from now they will be around $120. It is just insane. I think most of it is just all marketing.

Reaction score
Wow an emachine. Probably one of the worse PC companies in the world or Universe. $278 walmart computer. Not trying to start a PC war, just wondering if any emachine fanboys would ever attack us Apple people.:[

As to my main question that started this thread. I love Apple and I love the Mac range. I am very happy with their computers. I just have a part of me that likes to build pure performance machines with all the latest parts. Only sad thing is in the pc world, the parts change all the time. Only 5 minutes ago the GFORCE 8800GT cards were $300 and now they cost around $80 if you can find one. People are paying $500 for the GTX 295 GPU and 6 months from now they will be around $120. It is just insane. I think most of it is just all marketing.

That would be grounds for starting a war. Period. But I'm not holding it back, that's up to the moderators.

I only mentioned eMachine because frankly, that's all some people can afford. And eMachine is related to Acer and Gateway- which isn't a bad thing, but it isn't better than what they used to be.

Keep in mind, the same graphics cards on a PC are the same on a Mac, regardless of price.

OP
neonmac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
Yeah I seem to keep putting my foot in it today. My wife always says that i just happen to dig holes for myself.

I do apologize to any members and staff if they feel i was out of line. My intention is to not start a war or cause offense to any person. Time to think before i type.

Reaction score
Yeah I seem to keep putting my foot in it today. My wife always says that i just happen to dig holes for myself.

I do apologize to any members and staff if they feel i was out of line. My intention is to not start a war or cause offense to any person. Time to think before i type.

Well don't feel bad. That happens, pretty much to all of us. You learn of course. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.