just hooked up ipod in my car...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4 Dual 1.25/768mb/240g
using the auxilary inputs from my stereo with a belkin RCAs to mini jack cable. I noticed that I have to turn the volume up on my stereo almost twice as high to achieve the fidelity of cd. My question is if I used apple lossless files on my ipod would it achieve cd quality sound? I'm willing to sacrifice a little space for quality. TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i do the same thing on mine...crank radio turn up ipod accordingly....

then switch to a cd and blow all my speakers and ear drums!

i do believe this is becasue most aux inputs are goign to be preamp'd so the reciever doesnt need to be turned up as loud bc the incoming signal is going to be stronger (i think)

just want to say that your situation is not uncommon, just make sure to turn down your volume before switching to radio or cd's

-0chris

OP
b16crx69
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coach_z said:
i do the same thing on mine...crank radio turn up ipod accordingly....

then switch to a cd and blow all my speakers and ear drums!

i do believe this is becasue most aux inputs are goign to be preamp'd so the reciever doesnt need to be turned up as loud bc the incoming signal is going to be stronger (i think)

just want to say that your situation is not uncommon, just make sure to turn down your volume before switching to radio or cd's

-0chris
Have you found a way to use this current setup and add charging capabilities?

T

Tel

You could just plug the iPod into the car lighter to charge it at the same time. It would mean lots of wires all over the place though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Tel said:
You could just plug the iPod into the car lighter to charge it at the same time. It would mean lots of wires all over the place though.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but my iPod car charger (from xtrememac.com) introduces electrical noise to the audio side.

P

putterioni

[Try EuPod. A nice piece of tooling that boosts up the volume of your iPod! It works for me (I use a FM transmitter to listen to my iPod in the car and had the same problem). Lot's of succes, Putterioni

OP
b16crx69
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
putterioni said:
[Try EuPod. A nice piece of tooling that boosts up the volume of your iPod! It works for me (I use a FM transmitter to listen to my iPod in the car and had the same problem). Lot's of succes, Putterioni
does using eupod decrease battery life? Is it possible to remove the software once intalled?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
caribiner23 said:
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but my iPod car charger (from xtrememac.com) introduces electrical noise to the audio side.

yea i get real bad noise when i charge my ipod....when im charging i just listen to a cd or the radio....

-chris

P

PaRaGoNViCtiM

I have an Alpine head unit and I use the KCA-420i (iPod interface) and let me just say...the sound quality is AMAZING and It will also charge your battery! It does everything and there is only one wire, that for the most part is hidden (depending on where you decide to mount the interface.) It also leaves your cigarette lighter free. I use to use the aux input, but I couldn't tolerate the loss in sound quality, so I went out and bought an Alpine head unit and the interface..and let me tell you...It was so Worth it. If anyone is interested, I could post some pics of my in car setup. I recommend it to anyone who is concerned with sound quality, and if you don't want to have to go buy a new head unit...I recommend the iCruize. It gives you basically the same sound as the Alpine interface would.
Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I

iluvthsgam

i too use the apline unit with the alpine adapter. getting amazing sound quality AND it charges too - both my unit and iPod are hidden in the glove box - no wires - and the song title appears on the head unit - its a great investment!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
digger upper/\/\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.