Could I run PS through VirtualBox?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
I'm running Snow Leopard on my MBP (2.53 GHz, 4GB RAM), but unfortunately, I can't run CS3. My school has CS3, but I can't use it. School also has Leopard discs, so I'm wondering if I could run Leopard in VirtualBox and then run Photoshop in that... I'm not sure if there's enough power in VB, but is there any possibility that would work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Your post is very vague and it would be helpful if you gave us a more detailed explanation in order to provide you with help. We are not mind readers.

I have Snow Leopard and Photoshop CS3 (not the Adobe suite) and it works fine. Are you saying you have a copy of CS3 or your school is providing you a copy of CS3 and it doesn't work on your computer? First question is it a legal copy that is officially given to you? If you can't install it then you probably don't have a product registration key that comes with a legal copy.

According to this site CS3 suite and Photoshop CS3 works in Snow Leopard with a few bugs but it works. So the question again is do you have a legal copy? There is no need to run Leopard and if you are using a virtual environment then it will run slower.

OP
Corbab
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry about the lack of detail. My school has a copy of Adobe CS3 (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) that it provides students with. It's perfectly legitimate, and I've tried installing it on a few occasions to no avail. The IT guy at my school said it's an issue with running it on Snow Leopard.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
First off, you can't run OS X in a virtual environment..so that's out of the question..

What does happen when you try to install CS3 on your Snow Leopard? I'm sure there are many people who are using that combo, I have CS4 and Snow Leopard and that works fine..

Regards

OP
Corbab
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I haven't done it in a while, but it gives me some kind of error the the effect of "Install Failed [error code]" I know CS3 isn't officially supported, but I had assumed it would still work, but it doesn't.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.