What Audio Interfaces are Snow Leopard compatible?

Reaction score
Help! I need to get a new audio interface to record my band with and I'm having trouble finding an AI that is Snow Leopard 64 bit compatible. Any suggestions? I prefer to be able to record 8 independent tracks simultaneously but could probably get by with four.

I've found that the people who work in the stores that sell devices (i.e. music stores) are terribly unknowledgeable about the compatibility of the devices they sell!

OP
M
Reaction score
How many independent tracks can you record simultaneously with it? I was interested in the PreSonus Firestudio Project but I called PreSonus and they told me it's only compatible with Snow Leopard 32 bit, but not Snow leopard 64 bit.

Reaction score
You can record 8 channels.

As per their website: PreSonus

Mac OSX (10.4.11 - 10.5+) Universal installer for FireStudio famliy (and StudioLive)
(Driver, Universal Control, and firmware update)
download
(v 3.4.1 - Requires firmware update. Features: 64-bit compatibility, multi-unit support, Universal Control compatible, optimized metering, new post fader meter mode, improved performance and stability. view instructions)

edit: I actually gave you the wrong link in my previous post. This is the one I currently own:
http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=43

Cheers!

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry....one last question....do you know whether your SNow Leopard OS is 32-bit or 64-bit? Because a tech guy at PreSOnus told me the beta driver for Snow Leopard only works with 32-bit Snow Leopard but not the 64-bit SNow Leopard.

Reaction score
Mac I/O Interface

I'm using Apogee's ONE product and it is INCREDIBLE!! It only takes one instrument or input at a time, but for the individual musician/song writer it is THE way to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.