Streaming movie clips without downloading/saving

Reaction score
Helo,

I hope I have the right forum for this. Whenever I click on a movie clip, the clip starts downloading, not playing. How can I just watch the clip without downloading/saving it? I have Quicktime installed but can't seem to figure out how to tell it to play the clip.

I didn't have this problem when I was using a PC, I had QT and Windows Media Player and could specify which program played which clip...without downloading.

Thank you for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
More detail please, which browser etc, even the website if you're agreeable. See if you have Perian installed (SysPrefs), although it shouldn't be related to auto-download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
If there, it'll be down the bottom of the Prefs window in 'Other'.

That Safari behaviour is strange. I'm using v 4.0.3, and there's nothing there to either enable or stop auto-download.

Try another browser, something like Camino (light and fast) or Firefox, to see if the behaviour replicates.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.