Arabic Letters in Safari

Reaction score
I once looked at some Arabic characters when browsing in Safari. Since then Arabic shows up in Safari at some sites. For instance, my Facebook log-in page is in Arabic now. I have to guess where to click. Even more strange, I downloaded a .pdf file from Scribd, cut and pasted it into Text Edit, and then cut and pasted it into Pages. In Pages, but not in the .pdf file nor in Text Edit, Arabic characters showed up in the text. Below are examples.

1. Some of the Arabic on my Facebook log-in page:
*ثبت نام

فیس بوک به شما کمک می*کند تا با افرادی که در زندگیتان هستند ارتباط و اشتراک داشته باشید.

فارسی

2. Examples from Pages file:

ذ Vous direz à madame Rougon toute la peine que
nous avons éprouvée en la sachant malade... Nous

Et il passa. Deux pas plus loin, il serra la main d’un
général, auquel il demanda des nouvelles de son fils,
qu’il appelait ا mon petit ami Gaston ب ; Gaston avait
l’âge du prince impérial, mais il était déjà beaucoup
plus fort.

Can anyone help me with this Safari problem, or should I trash and then redownload Safari?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Reset Safari, including removing all cookies, and empty the cache.

If you don't want to do that, and it can be a hassle for a while thereafter, find the cookies related to the site you visited, the one that had the Arabic characters. Remove them. As for the French text, I can't be sure where that's come from, but removing all cookies should take care of that too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Sacre bleu! You shouldn't have to reinstall for that!

Cookies and Cache should do it.

(Personally, keeping a cache of cookies sounds like a good idea to me. Chocolate chip...)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.