Minitab/Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
I'm taking a statistics course over the summer, and I was just wondering if they make the application Minitab for macs? I did a search and it appears that certain universities have it, but I cannot find it anywhere to buy. Any one know about this at all? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
what does this software do? there may be another app that does the same thing, most likely better or faster if thats a windows only app.

E

embries

Minitab is a statistics package required by many statistics classes. I had a copy for mac but it's been 4 years now since I took that class. I'm sure the app has been updated in the meantime. I'd check with your professor, they may give you an alternate option for a statistics package (I know they started us on minitab in QM 2620, then again in 3620, but they allowed us to migrate to the package of our choice in the 4000's). BTW. Minitab blows goats, just so you know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yes....mini tab sucks a lot

instead of doing monster searches for a program i'd use 3 times i sucked it up and went to the library at school and got it done quick....like i always say on matters such as this....it makes you get your hw done a lot faster becasue you want to get the **** off the PC and back to your mac

-chris

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
normally id agree 100% on going to the lab or the library, except that im taking this summer class at a community college, so im not staying there all the time. thats why it would be much better if i could just get it for the mac.

and i know, minitab blows...this isn't my first stat class, i just wish i did better on the AP test in the first one so i wouldnt have to take this one now!

E

embries

I wasn't allowed to clep or AP out of my stats classes, but I'm assuming that's due to my degree and the specific requirements. I checked their site and the newest version (14) is not available on Mac. The verison I ran (12) was. Talk with your prof. If it's a basic stats class, friggin excel will get it done.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.